|Computational Science Postdoctoral Fellowship|
|Listing Type: Job Type|
|Computational Science Postdoctoral Fellowship - 74975
Organization: CR - Computational Research
The Scientific Computing Group in the Computational Research Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) has several immediate postdoctoral fellow openings in the area of development of computational algorithms and their application to scientific areas that are of interest to DOE and LBNL.
The successful candidates will participate in research activities related to computational mathematics in large-scale scientific applications that are relevant to DOE and LBNL. Of particular interest is the development of numerical algorithms for solving sparse systems of linear equations, eigenvalue problems, and other linear algebra problems that arise in a number of large-scale scientific applications, which include, but are not limited to, accelerator physics, nuclear physics, and materials/chemical sciences. The research activities will include the analysis of the performance profile and algorithmic complexity of existing computational approaches; the improvement of the efficiency and reliability of existing algorithms; and the development of novel computational algorithms on high performance computers for the scientific applications.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
• Requires a PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Computational Sciences within the last 3 years, with a strong background in computational mathematics.
• Knowledge of linear algebra, including sparse matrix computation, is highly desirable.
• The successful candidate(s) should be able to program proficiently in a high-level programming language, such as Fortran and/or C, and should have experience in parallel computing and MPI.
• The candidate(s) also should have some knowledge of performance optimization for scientific codes.
• Excellent communication skills are essential.
Scientific Computing, Applied Mathematics, Computer Programming
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://bit.ly/lbl74975CollegeofNaturalMed and follow the instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
|Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory|
|1 Cyclotron Rd.
Berkeley, CA 94720
|Contact Email Adddress|