|Listing Type: Job Type|
The faculty member assists the Chief Clinician, Naturopathic Medicine, in the delivery of patient care (as delegated to them). The will be directly responsible for the training and evaluation of interns in the ND program. In this capacity, they will work closely with the Chief Clinician, and the Assistant Dean, Naturopathic Medicine. The interns who work under the supervision of the naturopathic clinical faculty are a part of this team led by the Chief Clinician, Naturopathic Medicine. They are ultimately accountable to the Dean of Clinics.
I. To provide a high standard of care for patients of the clinic.
II. To communicate with the Chief Clinician and other naturopathic clinical faculty about the status and progress of patients who are jointly treated or who are receiving primarily naturopathic care.
III. To meet regularly with naturopathic clinical faculty to discuss the current patient issues
IV To have daily contact with the Chief Clinician so as to provide opportunities for prompt action on emergent patient care issues
V. To oversee and instruct naturopathic interns and observers in their clinical work; as part of the patient care team
VI. To evaluate naturopathic clinical students and provide effective feedback
VII To assist the Chief Clinician, Chair of Clinical Practice, and Assistant Dean, Naturopathic Medicine in developing and delivery the curriculum of the ND Program
I. Attendance at University-scheduled activities such as graduation ceremonies, etc.
II. Plan or conduct special workshops or seminars for faculty
III. Plan or conduct special workshops or seminars for students
IV. Appear as a guest in a limited number of classroom settings, in order to represent the clinic
• Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine degree/diploma degree from a CNME affiliated ND program
• Successfully completed NPLEX Part I and II and holds license/registration in naturopathic medicine in a jurisdiction where naturopathic medicine is regulated (North America)
• Three to five years experience in clinical practice (which may include residency)
• Evidence of ongoing professional development
• Willingness to work as a member of an integrative medical team and to support naturopathic and to interact with naturopathic students and faculty
• Interest in participating in research
• Evidence of a commitment to continuing education
• Service to the community
• Experience in teaching at a graduate or first professional level
• Participation in professional organizations
Applicants must submit the following application package:
A letter of interest
Three letters of recommendation
Send application package to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (630) 889-6800.
Deadline for submission of complete application package, is December 3, 2012
|Dr. David Parish|
|National University of Health Sciences|
|200 E. Roosevelt Rd.
Lombard, IL 60148
|Contact Email Adddress|