|Whole Body Associate Team Leader|
|Listing Type: Job Type|
|Works together with other Team Members to assure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by the Store Leadership/Coordinator, are met or exceeded. Provides excellent guest service while serving and selling the highest quality products. Abides by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
1. Assist and support the Whole Body Team Leader with all departmental functions.
2. Interview, select, train, evaluate, counsel and terminate Team Members.
3. Follow through on all guest questions and requests.
4. Create a labor schedule to leverage productivity within the needs of the department.
5. Ensure department orders for equipment, supplies and product are timely and accurate.
6. Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
7. Follow established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
8. Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
9. Oversee sampling of department products to the guests.
10. Supervise and maintain special order system.
11. Be aware of new products and their placement.
12. Ensure that product is cross-merchandised with other departments.
13. Maintain backstock areas and coolers.
14. Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage.
15. Know and practice proper lifting techniques and safe use of all tools and equipment.
16. Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
17. Report safety violations and hazards immediately; maintain department security.
18. Communicate with Team Members regarding all department operations.
19. Conduct scheduled inventories and submit reports.
20. Maintain a contribution margin equal to or exceeding regional averages.
21. Communicate company goals and information to Team Members.
22. Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
23. Oversee adjustment of displays according to movement, promotions and profitability.
24. Keep Store Leadership informed of all events that affect the department.
25. Ensure that product mix meets varied guest dietary needs and requests.
26. Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
27. Have a good understanding of department financials and labor budgets.
28. Accept and process product from Receiver.
29. Schedule and lead department team meetings; attend store and regional meetings.
30. Visit the competition on a regular basis and react to current industry trends.
31. Perform Team Member duties as required to run the department.
32. Coordinate/supervise Nutrition, Body Care and Books/Cards/Magazines products and personnel.
33. Regular attendance is essential.
34. Perform other duties as assigned by Store Leadership/Coordinator.
35. Maintain a safe and sanitary department. Report all life safety and fire hazards to your Team Leader for correction. Comply with all occupational safety and health regulations. Report all accidents and injuries to your Team Leader or Store Leadership immediately.
36. The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure proper functions of operations of the team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Desire to become a Whole Body Team Leader.
2. Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
3. Excellent merchandising skills and eye for detail.
4. Must complete Serv-Safe certification program prior to further advancement.
5. Ability to maintain good relationships with vendors and the community.
6. Good communicator and motivator; able to work well with others and convey enthusiasm.
7. Can train and inspire Team Members to excellence in all aspects of the department.
8. Love and knowledge of natural foods and products.
9. Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
10. Knowledge of basic computer skills.
1. Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
2. May walk and work on uneven surfaces.
3. Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
4. Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals.
5. Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation.
6. May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
7. Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
8. Walking surfaces are sometimes slick.
9. Repetitive stretching and lifting required.
10. Items over 40 pounds require a team lift.
11. Iteration of duties.
17991 NE Redmond Way, WA Redmond
|Contact Email Adddress|