NCNM is pleased to announce the addition of Progressive Medical Center as a Second Year Residency Position for 2014-15. Open to ND graduates who have completed one year of residency from an accredited program, or have 3 years’ experience in a private clinic.
Progressive Medical Center, Director Cheryl Burdette, ND, Atlanta, GA
Progressive Medical Center is seeking one resident for their Atlanta, GA location. Progressive Medical is the largest integrated facility in the Southeast. Under one roof 8-10 N.D.s and M.D.s/D.O.s work in an integrated fashion.
The clinic has a heavy emphasis of functional medicine testing. Residents will become proficient with standard laboratory testing as well as specialty testing including stool cultures, food sensitivities, oxidative biomarkers, and neurotransmitter testing to name a few.
Residents can expect to spend 25-35 hours a week seeing patients. In addition to patient care, residents will be actively supervised primarily by Dr. Burdette with the opportunity to work a host of MDs, DOs, chiropractors, acupuncturists, etc. as directed by their interest. They will also be involved in research projects that are germane to their interest and build their academic pursuit.
The resident will have the opportunity to work in the IV room as desired. Other areas available for training are:
• Pain management center with contrast therapies, TENS units, hyperbaric oxygen chambers, prolozone therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture
• Cancer center including high dose nutritional IVs as well as IPT. This is overseen by our oncologist on staff
• Lifestyle centers including a kitchen and gym that are staffed and work at helping patients incorporate diet and physical activity into their wellness curriculum.
Submission details with universal application:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so through the following:
1) Use the Universal Application for CNME Approved Residencies available on the NCNM website, www.ncnm.edu (and located under the residency tab).
2) Complete the application with all required evaluations and essays.
a. Complete a personal statement.
b. Complete the essay questions.
c. Have evaluations completed by 3 supervisors.
3) Indicate clearly on the page 4 of the forms to be submitted (NCNM program preference form) that you would like to be considered for the Progressive Medical Center residency. Due to the late addition of this site there is no box to check, so please make a clear notation at the top of this page that you are applying to the Progressive Medical Center.
4) Applications are due August 11th, 2014.
If you are interested in applying to this position and have already submitted an NCNM application, you only need to submit the NCNM program preference form stating you would like to apply to this new residency site. We will forward your current application to Progressive Medical Center. We do encourage you to submit a new personal statement updated for this site.
Applications are due no later than August 11th, 2014. If you have any questions please contact either Dr. MaryK Geyer, firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 552-1697; or Gary Strong, email@example.com, (503) 552-1847.