Location: 3600 W Commercial Blvd, Florida
Date Posted: 04/23/2014
Senior Scientific Affairs Associate – Remote Position
General Description: This position reviews the integrative therapies desktop reference book protocols for scientific and medical accuracy, validity, and consistency. Additional responsibilities include developing, reviewing, fact-checking, reference verification, writing and editing scientific documents, typically needing to be understandable to knowledgeable lay audience.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides critical and thorough medical/scientific review, investigation, and development of documents and projects for the company as assigned.
• Reviews and edits Life Extension Disease Prevention and Treatment textbook protocol drafts for medical/scientific accuracy, consistency, and readability.
• Responsible for editing content to accurately reflect cited references, finding and citing new reference(s) to support content, and rewriting as needed.
• Reviews and provides feedback on initial drafts of protocols from outside authors
• Maintains consistency with published/previous Life Extension documents.
• Improves the quality of protocol drafts to ensure accurate and engaging content to stakeholders/ customers.
• Conducts careful reference verification for lengthy documents containing extensive references.
• Works with the Chief Editor of Disease Prevention and Treatment Protocols to determine acceptance of protocols from authors, development of protocols and text book to meet deadlines while increasing efficiency, productivity and quality.
• Develops responses, rebuttals, positions and other special project documents with the Scientific Affairs team.
• Keeps updated on industry trends and the latest scientific information relating to nutritional supplementation, integrative therapies, health & longevity.
• Provides research and review to support Life Extension Clinical Research as needed and may assist with media/PR requests.
• Assists with other Scientific Affairs projects as needed.
• Some travel as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Advanced medical/scientific degree (preferably ND, DO, PhD or MD) required
• Extensive understanding of dietary supplements with the ability to translate complex scientific findings into accurate, useful information for a knowledgeable lay audience.
• Prior experience in a medical and/or scientific review capacity preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills required.
• Strong computer and internet search skills, including PubMed and Microsoft Office suite
Contact Name: Jennifer Cervenec, Phone: