Edythe Vickers, ND,
LAc Adjunct Faculty
Dr. Vickers graduated (B.Sc.) from the University of Toronto, the National College of Naturopathic Medicine, and the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine. For the last 18 years her practice has focused on women's health, immune disorders, cancer, and chronic diseases. Dr. Vickers uses acupuncture, Chinese herbs, hydrotherapy, diet and nutritional supplements to assist her patients in achieving better health and balance. Throughout the years of her practice she has taught Chinese herb classes and acupuncture techniques classes, and for the past 5 years she has been a supervising physician on the NCNM Chinese medicine shift. Dr. Vickers often gives lectures on treating illness through natural medicine, and has a private practice in SE Portland.
Courses taught: • CCM713 Clinical Specialty Topics II • CCM909 Clinical Internship Rotation • CCM809 Clinical Observation Rotation • CCM999 Master Thesis III
Updated December 14, 2009
• National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland, OR, Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, 1987.
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, 1987.
• University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Bachelor of Science, 1987.
• Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, OR.
Acupuncture Degree, 1986.
TEACHING AND LECTURING
• National College of Natural Medicine, Portland, OR
Points, Techniques, Special Cases
• Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, OR
Chinese Herbology 1-3
• Issues After Breast Cancer, The Treatment of Breast Cancer using TCM
2002 - 2004
• Issues After Breast Cancer, Naturopathic Tools for Treating Breast Cancer
National Board Certified in Acupuncture (NCCA)
National Board Certified in Chinese Herbology (NCCA-CH)
Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OANP
Co-investigator, Treating Multiple Sclerosis with Chinese Medicine
Co-investigator, IV Vitamin Therapy for AIDS
• The Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Immunodeficiency Syndrome with Chinese Medicine,
International Journal of Oriental Medicine 1995.
• Natural Therapies for Menopause, International Journal of Oriental Medicine (
IJOM ) 1995.
• Synopsis of Scalp Acupuncture, START Group
1996; republished IJOM 1997.
• Scalp Acupuncture Update, START Group 1997 (publication of Institute for Traditional Medicine).
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND COMMITTEES
Komen Medical Advisory Committee, Portland , Oregon, 2006-present
• Anne Jacobs, An Hao Natural Healthcare clinic, 2006-2007, resident, ND, MSOM
• Heather Krebsbach, An Hao Natural Healthcare clinic, 2007-present, resident, ND,
CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES
4/28/07-4/20/07 Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine. 13.5 hours
• Women’s Cancers
1/26/07-1/28/07 Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine. 19.25 hours
• Pharmacy and Pain Management Series, 12/3/06, OBNE. 6 hours